Corsets are (almost) standard attire for a steampunk lady, but they can also be really intimidating to buy or make, especially if you haven’t got much experience with them. So for today I’ve made a list with corset links.
This seems like a really good tutorial if you want to make your own corset, actually the entire site is a little goldmine for corset lovers with great articles and other tutorials.
A tutorial a friend of mine recommended is this one, I really like it because it’s simple and surprisingly cheap.
And this is a great tutorial that shows you how to insert a corset busk, which can be a bit difficult to do.
And now, some shops:
- Silver Leaf Costumes on etsy has some great corsets with sizes varying from xs to xxxl
- another great etsy shop with amazing corsets is Lyndsey Boutique
- the last, and one of my favourite, etsy shops with amazing steampunk corsets is Harlots and angels, the corsets just look absolutely amazing.
- the fashion corset shop is an entire web shop dedicated to corsets, and their steampunk collection is simply amazing, but they also have many other nice corsets
- Dracula clothing is officially a gothic clothing shop, but they have amazing steampunk stuff to, and that includes corsets
- corset-story is the last shop in this list, but certainly not the least. I know that some of my friends don’t like ordering from that site because they think it’s to “burlesque”, but they have an amazing steampunk collection that I’m simply in love with.